Some innovations that are appearing over the horizon look to most us someway weird. We go “no way”. We presume they are fads and we’ll never use them.
It always have been like that. Just a few years ago, the answer that met some of these innovations went something like this:
- PC: “What for?”
- email: “Who would I email? I don’t know anybody with an email.”
- The World Wide Web: “That’s a thing for geeks”
- Cellphones: “I am not a stock broker”
- Texting: “I heard Europeans do that”
- Phone cameras: again “What for?”
And just recently…
- The camera on Zoom: “that’s awkward”
VR/AR, wearables, voice command, even the Metaverse. Will happen.