If you are working on something truly innovative, and you insert the word “disruptive” multiple times in your speech when you are describing your product or service, you may have to make some compromises.
It may sound obvious, but here is Uber as an example:
- You need to have a smartphone with a data connection and GPS capability
- You need to download their app.
- You need to attach a credit card.
- You need to be ready to catch the ride, and know exactly where you are going before calling the ride.
Here are the things you cannot do as a result:
- You cannot hail a ride from the curb
- You cannot pay cash
- You cannot ask the driver for tips or directions
The last three were a hallmark of most cab rides, if Uber would have designed for these, would probably had feature overload.