The first time I heard this, was from my good friend Victor, a very long time ago. He was painting her mother’s home at the time, and he told me that the job had a “high degree of feeling of accomplishment”. It stayed with me all this years, and I have heard that from other people as well!
Last weekend, I just had to do that to fix up an unfinished garage, and I -once again- verified this. But why is it so?
- There is a clear purpose: you want the room to look nice
- You have the necessary skills to perform reasonably well
- Your own contribution is obvious: you know exactly what you painted already, and you can see how much is left
- Progress is relatively quick
- The outcome is VERY visible: you can tell the difference between the before and the after
- There is no politics
I think my friend was right, all jobs should be like a paint job.